Polus: Planet Information
Polus is an arctic, mostly mountainous planet with one massive frozen ocean, with frequent blizzards and ice storms and the brief but seasonal warming period when the planet is hit by light from both suns. Polus is inhabited by the Pyngani, whose cities are shielded by a network of heat generators protecting them from the extreme cold. The Pyngani played a major role in developing the carbonite freezing process, and mining the valuable metal continues to be major source of income.
Blizzards, Ice Storms
Snow: Unrelenting blizzard conditions have reduced sight range of many units by 50%.
Additional income provided by carbonite mining
- Advantage: High Credit Value
- Population: Pyn’gani
- Wildlife: Dralk ice worms, various aquatic life forms
- Terrain: Temperate: Mountainous, scattered cities
- Additional Population Capacity: 5
- Max Land Structures: 3
- Max Space Structures: 2
- Max Space Station Level: 5
Planetary information from Empire at War