Strategy
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Rebel Fleets...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
posted 01-13-07 02:02 PM EDT (US)   
Im looking for the ideal Rebel Fleets. Give me ur thoughts about what the ideal Rebel Fleet is for assaulting a fully upgraded space station, defending against a massive imperial attack, what kind of ships would best be used for assaulting pirate statinos.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
Replies:
posted 03-02-07 06:28 PM EDT (US)     101 / 238  
you make a very good point and yes i now see the flaw in my strategy. But you see i've always gone after the vengance first cause they can do major damge to my fleet. And it usaully works but the the way you described the scenainrio yes it would be a waste of resources, nut if you can get to it first at the begining your strategy wouldn't work and mine would cuase my fighters would engae they're fighters.
posted 03-02-07 07:54 PM EDT (US)     102 / 238  
I'd just forget about bombers if you're fighting the Consortium.
posted 03-04-07 10:09 AM EDT (US)     103 / 238  
I feel so old-fashioned with me talking bout rebels.

posted 03-04-07 07:56 PM EDT (US)     104 / 238  
i feel so underpowered and sucky when i play rebels...(joking)

ikm a noob for saying this but this thread opened my eyes to the awesomeness of tartans and correlians...O.o

"Understanding Dawn of War strategy is easy. You see, the key is to make your banshees DANCE.Your oponent, seeing the hotness of their alien bodies, will salvitate on his keyboard and electrocute himself,giving you yet another free win" - some random DOW player

(\_/) EAW online username: [EEF]jericho8800[PVT]
(O.o)
(> < ) copy and paste bunny to help him on his way to world domination.

posted 03-04-07 08:30 PM EDT (US)     105 / 238  
Dont even get me started, i have taken out 2 ISD's and all of their support with 8 Corellian Corvettes and 2 Neb B's, Had 4 Vettes and 1 Neb B survive. I just recently discovered the beauty of Corellian Gunships, pair those with Vettes and two or three Neb B's and u have a rathjer large and kick ass fleet.

posted 03-04-07 09:01 PM EDT (US)     106 / 238  
I've recently gotten smashed into the ground because all I had were 'vettes. Some Nebs would've been nice...
posted 03-04-07 09:06 PM EDT (US)     107 / 238  
i normally try to get one of my teameates do a tech rush,lol, and have some acclamators with a few tartans and later a victory until i can get an ISD,then..well...if uve ever played imps ull know =P

so far its done pretty well,i have to admit, i hardly ever rush.so its a defensive fleet, norm aly im only facing a few scattered neb bs and stuff,so i guess thats why its good for defense, you could probally break it in a semi-concentrated attack...

"Understanding Dawn of War strategy is easy. You see, the key is to make your banshees DANCE.Your oponent, seeing the hotness of their alien bodies, will salvitate on his keyboard and electrocute himself,giving you yet another free win" - some random DOW player

(O.o)

[This message has been edited by jesusfreak27 (edited 03-04-2007 @ 09:14 PM).]

posted 03-04-07 09:29 PM EDT (US)     108 / 238  
Which is y it is about the Rebels. Sir Were, having a pure fleet of one ship is a designed to fail, u need to have Corellian Gunships or Corvettes in all of your fleets. The Nebulon B frigate is a great all-around kcik ass ship. It is good agaisnt pirates and against imperials. It owns Acclmators and anythign below that cept fighters. When engaging a better fleet containing a tleast 1 ISD always go for the engines first, that way if they try to retreat they lose the ship. Vettes and Gunships r often ignored by Imp players and they generally go after the Neb B's. Always try and get around to one side of a star destroyer so u dont get the full brunt of the guns. On an ISD always go after the tractor beam first. If you have bombers, which i reccomend having at least 2 squadrons, the tractor beam is a good target, they usually destroy it in 1 run. Have them go after the Hanger next so ur Vettes can concentarte less on desroying bombers and more on the ISD. The shield generator should be ur next target with it gone u have alot better shot at destroying the damn thing. If ur on the defensive and have an Ion Cannon fire it immeaditly upon the ISD. I recomend having them on all front line planets.

posted 03-05-07 11:15 AM EDT (US)     109 / 238  
Woah...thanks. That was a poor example on my part though, that particular instance only happened because the Consurtium "bribed" their way past my border planets and hit some junk planet. I usually try for a mix between 'vettes and Nebs though I hardly ever use Gunships, too expensive.
posted 03-05-07 04:43 PM EDT (US)     110 / 238  
Well i dont play FoC but im gonna make a hypothesis... If this is economically viable upgrade your space stations all the way and have at least one Neb B and 2 Rellian Vettes 0r Gunships stationed there.

posted 03-06-07 01:38 PM EDT (US)     111 / 238  
May god have mercy on your soul for what you just said. That defence fleet will only work if your playing against the computer. Against a human player who actually knows how to stratigies you will almost always loss. Especailly if they have a well balanced fleet of:

Three-ISD's
Ten-Tartans
Four-Victory's
Eight-Acclomaters
Four-Broadside Cruiser
Six Squads-Defender and Phantoms
Petie, Thrawl, and Lord Vader

That right there is a kick-ass Imperial Fleet to be proud of!!
It makes me proud to and IMP.

I have been dragged through the depths of hell where the mercy meaning has been lost forever and pain is the only friend you will only know, for demons walk the earh and when you think the pain is over it comes back, only worse.
posted 03-06-07 01:57 PM EDT (US)     112 / 238  
Strategy would have nothing to do with the hypothetical battle you just set up. A few rebels ships against that fleet? It would be a slaughter.
posted 03-06-07 04:51 PM EDT (US)     113 / 238  

Quote:

May god have mercy on your soul for what you just said. That defence fleet will only work if your playing against the computer. Against a human player who actually knows how to stratigies you will almost always loss. Especailly if they have a well balanced fleet of:

Three-ISD's
Ten-Tartans
Four-Victory's
Eight-Acclomaters
Four-Broadside Cruiser
Six Squads-Defender and Phantoms
Petie, Thrawl, and Lord Vader

That right there is a kick-ass Imperial Fleet to be proud of!!
It makes me proud to and IMP.

What kind of idiot Rebel would allow that fleet to attack a Garrison Force? His example was a force to protect Space Stations against light to moderate attacks, clearly not heavy ones, and clearly against the Computer, as that's the example he was describing.

Against a Human player, that force you describe would be quite visible on the Galactic Screen , and any intelligent player will have an equally powerful--or moreso--fleet mirroring your every move. On the off chance you manage to strike before his fleet gets there, he'll simply concentrate all his fire on your Heroes, and take a few with him so that when he jumps on you the next turn with his fresh fleet, you have less of a chance.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
posted 03-06-07 04:58 PM EDT (US)     114 / 238  
Man its like i dont even have to respond anymore, but i shall. Also in Galactic Conquest unless you managed to screw your economy up in the very beggining of the game it will be economically viable for the Rebels to have a better fleet at each of their frontline planets. Most planets will have Ion Cannons on them so there goes the ISD shields and Mon Cals (i ncase you havent noticed) eat Victories for breakfast and ISD's for dinner along with a couple of good Y-Wing (or B-Wings for FoC players) squadrons to u no, hammer away at the tractor beams and all those toher good hardpoints

posted 03-06-07 06:51 PM EDT (US)     115 / 238  
I agree with Rifle, but honestly, who in their right mind would leave a garrison force from a station to defend a frontline system?!? Sure, if it was way in your backfield, two or three jumps from the front lines, maybe it is viable. Sure even with extra defenders that imp fleet could mass attack the station and do pretty well, but does anyone even consider the advantage of LETTING YOUR OPPONENTS OUTNUMBER YOU? After all if some noob has got you with a 3:1 ship ratio wouldn't said person be a little overconfident?
posted 03-06-07 07:15 PM EDT (US)     116 / 238  
hmmmm...good physcology...

anyways, i love using pure tactics, but using piure tactics gets even better with the dvantage of numbers...and not wasting pop cap with such weakiling ships as the acclamator..victrory, maybe, though i mainly get real concerened with my pop cap..in a multiplayer skirmish, not in GC, i norm dont play that, so as soon as i get my ISD's i send my acclamators on kamakze missions for ISLAM!(no im not muslim, im actually christian)yes, thats right, right into the enemis base, sometimes i feel sad...but then again...i would feel even sadder if i didnt have that extra ISD...lol

(O.o)

posted 03-06-07 09:43 PM EDT (US)     117 / 238  
You know, the original problem was the Consortium were bribing their way to a planet past my border which wasn't heavily guarded. Obviously my border planets are secure.
posted 03-07-07 00:22 AM EDT (US)     118 / 238  
I get the idea he pretty much just didn't read your post, Were, as his rant was already pre-ready.

Meanwhile:

Quote:

no im not muslim, im actually christian)

Quote:

jesusfreak27

You don't say.....

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
posted 03-07-07 00:36 AM EDT (US)     119 / 238  
Never would've noticed.
posted 03-07-07 01:17 AM EDT (US)     120 / 238  

Quote:

kamakze missions for ISLAM

Kamakaze (I know its spelled wrong but don't know how to spell it) isn't from Islam, and its not even suicidal... It was called Kamakaze in Japan with fighter pilots who were already dead but tried to steer into enemies because of the Kamakaze winds. The last ditch plan was called Kamakaze because the planes were already ruined and riding the Kamakaze winds (they were falling more than gliding but the point is the same). Suicide bombing and making your death mean something are two very different things. The Japanese who Kamakazed were dead no matter what they did.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 03-07-07 01:21 AM EDT (US)     121 / 238  
It's spelled "kamikaze".
posted 03-07-07 12:12 PM EDT (US)     122 / 238  
Haven't you guys talk about kamikazes enough. I see your point about my fleet i described. BUt if you had the econemy to back it up you could use that fleet to bring out your oppositions huge fleets and have an equally strong or stronger fleet to back that fleet up. In the long if you continued to that (i'm not saying you should do that) the enemy will simply over run your frontline worlds. BUt thanks for explaining the flaws in my super fleet.

I have been dragged through the depths of hell where the mercy meaning has been lost forever and pain is the only friend you will only know, for demons walk the earh and when you think the pain is over it comes back, only worse.
posted 03-07-07 12:52 PM EDT (US)     123 / 238  
No problem. I'd be glad to unleash Deadly and Stormraider upon you again.

[This message has been edited by Sir Were (edited 03-07-2007 @ 12:53 PM).]

posted 03-07-07 04:29 PM EDT (US)     124 / 238  
It gives me great pleasrue to take apart these things and point out how wrong ppl are

posted 03-07-07 08:22 PM EDT (US)     125 / 238  
Ditto. I just wish Empires Heaven wasn't archived. I know that game loads better since I have only played a total of maybe 2 or 3 hours on EaW.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 03-07-2007 @ 08:23 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6 7  Next Page »
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Strategy » Rebel Fleets...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames