Strategy
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Rebel Fleets...
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10  Next Page »
posted 01-13-07 02:02 PM EDT (US)   
Im looking for the ideal Rebel Fleets. Give me ur thoughts about what the ideal Rebel Fleet is for assaulting a fully upgraded space station, defending against a massive imperial attack, what kind of ships would best be used for assaulting pirate statinos.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
Replies:
posted 02-17-07 09:00 AM EDT (US)     76 / 238  
The Zann consort really needs to be powered down allot in the next expansion (tanks that have less shield strength/ health) (buzz droids take longer to destroy things, fighters have less health, ships are weaker, all kinds of stuff because the way I fight now, any difficulty over medium if i don't deal with the consort within the first 3 'days' (galactic conquest) they will turn around andd start handing me my ass unless i really entrench myself(at least level 3 space stations). then it takes forever for me to build up enough to fight back (easier with empire because i know how to use acclamtor/broad/tartan combo to blow up any size station/ force that comp uses.)
posted 02-17-07 10:53 AM EDT (US)     77 / 238  
I find that this composition of ships for the Rebels is death on Space Stations 1-3, maybe 4 as well.

1 Mon Calamari Cruiser
1 Fleet Commander
4 Corellian Gunships
4 Y-Wing Squadrons
4 X-Wing Squadrons
4 A-Wing Squadrons

The Mon Cal should hang back and hammer the station and any ships protecting it from afar. The gunships, with their engines boosted, should run around the enemy ships in a frenzy, shooting down fighters as they spawn. A-Wings will help them in doing this by using their sensor jammers and leading the fighters straight into the gunships' sights, while the X-Wings shoot down any fighters or bombers that spawn from the space station. This give the Y-Wings some room to take down the station's shield generator and hangar, leaving the way open for the Mon Cal to move in and finish off the station and the enemy ships.

Usually the losses for me are:

2 X-wing squadrons
3 A-Wing Squadrons
1 Y-Wing Squadron
1 Corellian Gunship*

*This is only if they have Piett, because he uses his proton beam to destroy the gunship.

I usually build three or four of these fleets, as they are good and softening up systems before your main fleet comes in.

posted 02-19-07 06:03 PM EDT (US)     78 / 238  
For you guys who had mentioned trouble with ZC CapShips, here's a few ideas:
-we all know how devastating a Marauder or Broadside can be against stations. Ever see what they can do to slow moving CapShips? Not pretty for the guys on the recieving end.
-I know I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite, but if push comes to shove, a bomber swarm will cause some serious problems for enemy heavy ships. Be smart about it though. Those Keldabe-class ships mount two Mass Driver cannons that can hammer a straight on bomber pass.

any other ideas?

posted 02-19-07 07:14 PM EDT (US)     79 / 238  
I agree with you DG, with the Zann Consortium, (correct me if i am wrong) but they dont seem to have a ship spcefically designed to deal with fighters.

posted 02-20-07 00:01 AM EDT (US)     80 / 238  
Yeah, they do. Crusader-class Corvette. It also has a point-defense system that can shoot down torpedoes and missiles.

posted 02-20-07 05:22 PM EDT (US)     81 / 238  
Damn, than they do need to be powered down alot!

Of the people who play FoC, how does the Execuetor play into things?

posted 02-20-07 09:07 PM EDT (US)     82 / 238  
Way to big, shields way too weak, and TOO MANY FIGHTERS.

Plus Vader sounds like someone inserted a canister of helium into his mask.

And (On my disk anyway) whenever I include the ESD in a space battle, it's BRIGHT WHITE.

posted 02-20-07 09:12 PM EDT (US)     83 / 238  
Sounds awesome, is it truly able to repel mutltiple Mon Cals (i mean the new kind)

posted 02-20-07 09:52 PM EDT (US)     84 / 238  
I doubt it. Mine lost a quarter of its weapons to a level three ZC space station.

What's even sadder is that I had Piett and Thrawn as backup, and they absorbed their fair share of damage.

posted 02-21-07 05:30 PM EDT (US)     85 / 238  
I guess the Empire didnt get over-powered, i rhought the Rebels would get ripped apart by all of this new stuff.

posted 02-21-07 08:46 PM EDT (US)     86 / 238  
On the executor deal, my experience with it has been a series of one-sided battles. I've used the thing to take on class four stations and only lose two hardpoints. It is all in how it's used. If bombers or MC30's get in close though it will take a lot of damage before they are all shot down. Overall though it is more of a mobile class 5 station on steriods.
If the imps get it though, they will win hands-down, unless you can bring one monster of a fleet to bear against it... and don't mind taking 80% losses.

The most deadly weapon are the small ones.
Those that you usually don't notice until you feel them pressing against your back.
-Fiction by me: Showdown
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
posted 02-22-07 10:26 PM EDT (US)     87 / 238  
i've also used the executor and i find it very use full to use a new feature in FoC in that you can use one ship to hyperspace in first then reinforce yourself whereever you need. then i can bring the Executor to bear down anywhere. I find it very difficult to destroy if used properly since you basically have a gaint ship that produces near infinite ammounts opf interceptors bombers and defenders. plus its hardpoints have tremendous range. . . however like DG said, be careful around bombers and MC30's since torps do damage through shields. Also be carefull around Zann Consort ships with Mass drivers since those damamge through shields also.
posted 02-24-07 00:47 AM EDT (US)     88 / 238  
With the Executor you also have to watch out for fighters who can bypass the turbo laser fire, even thought they can still get hit by they can do some real damage to your ship especially if they hit your hangar bay first if that happens your screwed then you might as well just go out with your guns blazing.

Otherwise the executor is almost indestructible and you win almost all the time with it.

posted 02-24-07 10:30 AM EDT (US)     89 / 238  
That sucks!!!!! So the only way is to get in close with bombers and CapShips

posted 02-24-07 12:10 PM EDT (US)     90 / 238  
Which makes sense, given that otherwise why the hell would the thing be built in the first place?

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
posted 02-24-07 02:59 PM EDT (US)     91 / 238  
Touche Stormraider. How do the Zann Consortium deal with this abomination of destrcution?

posted 02-25-07 08:40 AM EDT (US)     92 / 238  
Vengeance frigates.
Lots and lots of vengeance frigates.
And skiprays.

`````````_,o_
________/- --|'--,__________________________________
]:-----\_--- --- --- --- ----- ------- --- --'',--o--\___________',=====-----
````\:|0)>>____,---------------------------'

My SSD Darth Fish:Member of The Resistance Imperial Star Destroyer, the smart choice of ship.
posted 02-25-07 11:40 AM EDT (US)     93 / 238  
Vengeance frigates.
Lots and lots of vengeance frigates.
And skiprays.
posted 02-25-07 12:48 PM EDT (US)     94 / 238  
WTF?
That really has confused me now...

`````````_,o_
________/- --|'--,__________________________________
]:-----\_--- --- --- --- ----- ------- --- --'',--o--\___________',=====-----
````\:|0)>>____,---------------------------'

My SSD Darth Fish:Member of The Resistance Imperial Star Destroyer, the smart choice of ship.
posted 02-25-07 05:53 PM EDT (US)     95 / 238  
wat r u guys doing?

posted 03-01-07 01:40 PM EDT (US)     96 / 238  
Vengance Frigates suck cause they have no sheild and their only good weapon is their mass diver. And even if they had a sheild once the sheild was gone they have very weak armour.

And you would still need to have corvettes to protect your skpray bombers.

posted 03-01-07 02:17 PM EDT (US)     97 / 238  
Vengeance frigates are da bomb, man. Their mass drivers eat fighters for lunch, and they can take a lot of laser damage. They are weak against torps, but bombers seldom last more than one pass against these beasts.
posted 03-01-07 05:47 PM EDT (US)     98 / 238  
Good call, its like with the Corellian Corvettes, they are weak against torps but a slow bomber will never make it past those deadly laser cannons.

posted 03-02-07 01:33 PM EDT (US)     99 / 238  
that is true, but it's always good to have some fighter support just in case they come in one massive wave. I do it all the time when i want to cause massive destruction. But have the bommber target the weapons that will hurt them and have half attack one and half attack the other.
posted 03-02-07 05:58 PM EDT (US)     100 / 238  
problem is though, if a Vengeance does get swarmed by bombers it will seldom be alone, imagine this scenario:
-a lone Vengeance cruiser appears on the screen after you have just crippled the enemy's main fleet and have brought in your bombers, and just decide to finish the ship off the easy way. You send your bombers in. Then appearing right behind the vengeance is a Crusader and some fighters. The fighters force the bombers into a dogfight, and the bombers that do get past fire their torpedoes. Then the Crusader fires up its point defense system and blows the torpedoes and bombers out of the sky.
It can happen, and it ain't fun. So much the bomber swarm.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5 6 ··· 10  Next Page »
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Strategy » Rebel Fleets...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames