Strategy
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Rebel Fleets...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
posted 01-13-07 02:02 PM EDT (US)   
Im looking for the ideal Rebel Fleets. Give me ur thoughts about what the ideal Rebel Fleet is for assaulting a fully upgraded space station, defending against a massive imperial attack, what kind of ships would best be used for assaulting pirate statinos.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
Replies:
posted 03-12-07 02:32 PM EDT (US)     151 / 238  
When ever i go after that fleet with my fleet he sends it back behined his frontline worlds and i usually have to take on a smaller fleet and a lvl 5 space station and that always hurts my fleet pretty badly.

When i started playing my big fleet to take on hi was:

4 ISD's
4 Victory's
and a tartan to back up each ship

And i would always loss at least a victory, a ISD, and half my tartans. Before i thought broadsides where a waist of money but was i wrong. That strategy sounds pretty good, he still uses that fleet against me so i will try what you siad agianst him. And i'll let you knw the ouy come.

I have been dragged through the depths of hell where the mercy meaning has been lost forever and pain is the only friend you will only know, for demons walk the earh and when you think the pain is over it comes back, only worse.
posted 03-12-07 03:31 PM EDT (US)     152 / 238  
I'd lose an ISD and 2 vics, and stock up on the broadsiders.
posted 03-12-07 05:55 PM EDT (US)     153 / 238  
I wouldn't suggest he lose an ISD. 3 MonCals + Frigates could take 3 ISDs. Four ISDs, on the other hand...

However, definitely stock the Broadsiders. I'd say around four. You can stand to lose a few Tartans; any more than 6 is superfluous, and with Broadsides, you could get away with only 4 Tartans or so.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
posted 03-13-07 05:13 PM EDT (US)     154 / 238  
I disagree, Mon Cals are specifcally desgined to take on ISD's. 2 Mon Cals could take on 3 ISD's

posted 03-13-07 07:52 PM EDT (US)     155 / 238  
All the more reason to NOT lose another ISD. MonCals are specifically designed to take on EVERYTHING except for bombers.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
posted 03-13-07 08:28 PM EDT (US)     156 / 238  
I've seen a mon-cal falter under the attack of of a titan heavy capital ship, a Super star destroyer, and the almighty Sovereighn super star destroyer,lol...but the SSd is about 3 times the size of a ISD and the sovereighn is twice the size of a SSD, thus 6 times the size of a ISD and the titan is twice the size of a ISD...lol...i got this stuff from the CIS:conflict in space mod...at eaw.filefront.com, anyways, the only way a ISD can beat a mon Cal in a head-on fight with each ship in its original status(I.E. ISD has its detachtment of Tie fighters and bombers) if the ISD got a chance to hit trhe mon cal a few times with its bombers before the actual cap ship battle, then the ISD *might* have a chance of beating a mon cal, though the ISD would be severely damaged and possibly not worth using anymore. just some thoughts.

"Understanding Dawn of War strategy is easy. You see, the key is to make your banshees DANCE.Your oponent, seeing the hotness of their alien bodies, will salvitate on his keyboard and electrocute himself,giving you yet another free win" - some random DOW player

(\_/) EAW online username: [EEF]jericho8800[PVT]
(O.o)
(> < ) copy and paste bunny to help him on his way to world domination.

[This message has been edited by jesusfreak27 (edited 03-13-2007 @ 08:30 PM).]

posted 03-13-07 08:31 PM EDT (US)     157 / 238  
Right, which is why you never send a Mon Cal into battle without some bomber/fighter killers, i.e. Corellian Corevette, X-Wing, A-Wing, Corellian Gunship. But it is true that Mon Cals do suffer under the barrage of Bombers.

posted 03-14-07 11:24 AM EDT (US)     158 / 238  
Me again 5 ISD's and 3 Broadsides where enough to take on his fleet. The only reason i used 5 ISD's was that i knew he would do anything to beat my fleet. He put in some assualt frigates and used them as suiced *bombers* so to say, so i used some of my fighters and a broadside to protect my ISD's and i only lost one ISD in the and when he sent a rescue fleet to stop me I had already brought in back-up, and lets just say i took him by surprise and only lost 2 Victory and a ISD's which where part of my back up fleet. Thanks for the advice, he knows now to look before he leaps.

I have been dragged through the depths of hell where the mercy meaning has been lost forever and pain is the only friend you will only know, for demons walk the earh and when you think the pain is over it comes back, only worse.
posted 03-15-07 08:58 PM EDT (US)     159 / 238  
What do you guys think of this fleet:
-3 ISD
-4 Tartans
-1 Fleet Commander
I have frequently used this fleet and am wondering what your opinions are

btw: why haven't we really talked about consortium fleets?

The most deadly weapon are the small ones.
Those that you usually don't notice until you feel them pressing against your back.
-Fiction by me: Showdown
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
posted 03-15-07 09:47 PM EDT (US)     160 / 238  
I wouldn't send it up against 17 MonCals, but it's a good solid Medium Sized Fleet. Should be useful for both anti-Fleet battles, as well as sieges of Stations, though I'd throw one Broadside in there, or maybe two, for good measure.

posted 03-17-07 07:49 PM EDT (US)     161 / 238  
I agree, it takes care of business in most areas. And we havent talked bout the Consotium Fleets cause no one has mentioned them.

posted 03-17-07 08:16 PM EDT (US)     162 / 238  
I'd love to, but I don't even have FoC.

I'm Your Daddy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Can't believe on back on this damned site again.
posted 03-17-07 08:28 PM EDT (US)     163 / 238  
Nor do I

posted 03-17-07 11:49 PM EDT (US)     164 / 238  
Only played 2 games of FoC before I got bored of it (and EaW) I barely have any time logged on either.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 03-18-07 03:38 AM EDT (US)     165 / 238  
The Zann Consortium ships are along the same lines as the rebel ships, in that they don't carry fighter/Bomber fleets,and compensate by being slightly cheaper and carry slightly more firepower. But, I will always love the Executor SSD for its sheer size and firepower. The only thing worth throwing at them are the new rebel proton torpedo cruisers, and if their shields drop, they're doomed. No armour.

BTW: How ya doing? I'll be your resident newbie for a while.

posted 03-18-07 10:36 AM EDT (US)     166 / 238  
So essenetially once its shields are gone than the Executor is gone? Narsty! Taht makes it alot easier!

posted 03-18-07 10:39 AM EDT (US)     167 / 238  
Woot, I'm no longer the noob . Yea it does make it much more fair. If it had a bunch of armor it would be very OP but its lack of armor gives it a disadvantage that balances it, without making it useless like an Acclamator

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
posted 03-18-07 11:07 AM EDT (US)     168 / 238  
Woah there! Zann Consortium ships cheaper? They're far more expensive, and therefore more nasty. They'll pack an equal punch as the Imps or Rebs without having to get fifteen capitol ships.
posted 03-18-07 06:46 PM EDT (US)     169 / 238  
Touche

posted 03-18-07 09:39 PM EDT (US)     170 / 238  
I wasn't talking about Zann ships... Isn't the Executor an Imperial ship?

And yes I know the Zann ships are awesome, and on the brink of (or maybe past it) being unbalanced.

posted 03-19-07 10:53 AM EDT (US)     171 / 238  
I know what you were talking about. I was responding to EC's post.
posted 03-19-07 11:10 AM EDT (US)     172 / 238  
Ohhh, I see now... Sorry for not understanding that...

posted 03-20-07 03:56 AM EDT (US)     173 / 238  
Sorry... the Zann ships are more expensive, I more meant in terms of the fighter/bomber squadrons jacking the prices yet more.
Note: Executor-class Super Star Destroyer is and imperial ship, and the Rebel torpedo cruiser (MC-30s, I think) are doomed once their shields fail. But they are extremely quick and quite nimble, and carry torpedo bays that cause the same amount of damage per volley as ten bomber squadrons.
And the Zann Consortium Vengeance Frigates aren't nasty, really, they die too quick and lack the ability to run and return with recharged shields (less adaptive than nearly any other ship).
As for a fleet, ten Executors, and about one hundred Tartans... Just for the "Oh no" value of seeing the fleet fly up to you...
Further Note: If anyone was to be "unbalanced" it would have to be the Empire.

_______ ISD
___________________________________________________________S SD

(Approximate Size Comparison)

[This message has been edited by Executor captain (edited 03-20-2007 @ 04:03 AM).]

posted 03-20-07 02:28 PM EDT (US)     174 / 238  
That would be a waste of resources. But it defenety would have terrifying fire power and would make all, even the most expereinced players shake in their boots.

posted 03-20-07 05:14 PM EDT (US)     175 / 238  
Not shake, probaly make ppl piss themselves.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Strategy » Rebel Fleets...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames