Please login or register

Star Wars Universe
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: State of the Forum Address #1
posted 05-18-06 10:04 PM EDT (US)   

Greetings fellow RP'ers, High Elder Persia here, with a message for all of you, a message to inspire your writing, to sustain your RPG's and to enhearten your mods-have-forgotten-all-about-us-at-SWU accounts.

Fellow RP'ers, we here stand near the end of the second generation and at the beginning of the third generation of SWU. Here, we can see a change that has insinuated itself in the community over the years.

As the generations have gone by, the community has slowly gained in writing ability (Looks directly at DSF) but has fragmented and become much less focused. In the first Age, it was the New Republic Thread which defined it. Because of this, we proclaim that as the Age of the New Republic. Now, that generation has essentially passed from SWU, and the only member of it to have appeared at all recently is DarkBeing, an RP'er to whom every honor and accolade that SWU can bestow belongs.

The Second Age we have just left my friends. The RPG that defined that entire generation was the ROTJ-saga, the single largest SWU RPG saga ever. I myself came from that generation, as did KypJargon and DarkSideFire along with many others. The members of that august generation are now few, but not forgotten. Here's to all those such as Darth Nai and Shadow_Droid who are no longer with us. The Sith Empire never fell, the series just ended.

Now here we are at the Third and current Age. This generation has no name, for indeed nothing has yet defined it. AOD holds a great effect, but it properly belongs in the Second Age, as perhaps the greatest character RPG of all time. May all its members's creative genius never die.

I would like to believe that the Old Republic Thread shall be the one that defines this generation of RP'ers, the one that all of the partakers of the Third Age shall recall, but I can make no gurantees. I am but one forummer, a mortal account destined to someday fall into deletion. It shall fall to the rest of you, wheather the Third Age shall be of the Old Republic, or of another RPG, or the age of SWU's end. I leave it in your hands, hoping that your collective decision may be wise.

But all is not lost. Soon school shall end and with it shall SWU become even more active as it's members find more time in their capable hands. Not only that, but we have even more to look forward to, for even now I am in the midst of an intensive campaign to contact ancient members who fell away in the Second Age, or even some of the legendary Founders from the First Age. Should my efforts prove sucessful (Which, DarkBeing willing, I hope they shall) I hope you all shall weclome them with the respect and veneration they have earned.

In addition to all this, some events in the OR Thread have taken place.

The Brotherhood of Night, lead by Aelar Darkvoid have begun their attack on Ossus, the center of the Jedi Council, the greatest enemy of the Brotherhood! Among their ranks is the beautifully debauched Empress of the Eriadu Imperium, Arwen Natta. Her newfound allegiance to the brotherhood will be put to the test! Will she survive her deadly encounter with the Jedi? Or will her blooming potential be cut off before its true fruition?

Meanwhile, the brooding Supercomputer 'Imperious', aided by the disaffected military establishment of Eriadu, plot the deposement of the Imperial family and the re-establishment of an honest and just depsot. Or do they?

Observing all of this is the secretive and elusive Peter Thano, enduring spirit of Xim's father. What purpose does he serve? What did he hope to gain by saving ALluria Trillisk, the beautiful Pirate commander from the ravishes of the lacivious Hutts?

Tune in and see the stirring conclusion to these and more perilous trials as the Old Republic Thread marches on through the earliest annals of Star Wars History!

See epic battles right before your eyes as the galaxy's balance of power is shattered!

Experience the decadence of a wealthy empire, animated by luxury before they are emaciated by ruin and destitution!

View trust betrayed before your very eyes as alliances ship to alignments never imagined by the greatest analysts in the galaxy!

Hear the stirring commentary by Drawde Nobbig, foremost historian in the galaxy!

This concludes my address. I leave you all now with the fondest wish of prosperity and good writing for all. May DarkBeing go with you, wherever you may post.

[This message has been edited by Darth Persia (edited 05-20-2006 @ 10:01 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-19-06 09:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9  
Whoops, it's "Brotherhood of Night", not "Brotherhood of Darkness".
posted 05-20-06 02:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9  
Have I ever told you that this sickens me? Because if I haven't, it does.

I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.
I love you in a totally platonic way Xaph - Jon Rolos | Xaph does mutha****in' win the thread. - Anakin
Xaph, I wish you were my friend IRL - Boba Fettucini
Well I think it's obvious why Peter Noone would care about Xaph - Newt_Gunray
Xaph is suddenly full of win! - Zaarin | Xaph, how often do you win threads? Because you just won this one - Catabre
posted 05-20-06 02:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9  
Xaph, you're alive! You are despretly needed at the Return of the Forge RPG!

(`'.Lazer X7.')
,``oo,,oo``,

Winner of the craziest forummer of HWH-'07

posted 05-20-06 03:18 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9  
Eh, why do you hate this so much Xaph? It's a good idea. It's not like Persia's some crazy megalomaniac dictator or something.

~Ãû$tïñ Powrs~
INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY
Coolness:
Smartness:
Sexyness:
posted 05-20-06 03:31 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9  

Quote:

It's not like Persia's some crazy megalomaniac dictator or something.

I'm not saying anything.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 05-20-06 04:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9  
I won't if you won't.

Which isn't to say that I don't agree with Persia.

posted 05-20-06 10:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9  
Come now Xaph, is there any need for this type of negativity?

All in good fun gentlemen. Happy RP'ing everyone!

posted 05-21-06 06:01 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9  
ROTFLOL

Nic one Persia, *laughs again* but I must admit there are some things that seem to be all too true *puts on solemn face, trying not to laugh again*

Doctor FoO
posted 05-21-06 11:02 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9  
Of course, of course
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Star Wars Universe » State of the Forum Address #1
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames