Please login or register

Game Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Suggestions for 1.06
posted 08-26-06 06:56 PM EDT (US)   
Assuming there is going to be one more patch before the release of FoC, what are some things you, the players, would like to see in it?

A couple of mine would be:

- Give the rebels an equivilent to the speeder bike, like a swoop biker from SWGB. If this was done, speeder bikes should be able to capture reinforcement points, and add some interesting new tactics early in the game.

- Make Tartans/Vetts slightly less powerful against fighters, or give fighters some kind of dodging ability. The early rushes with these units give fighters very little to do early on.

Go ahead and add your input!

Replies:
posted 08-26-06 11:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13  
Reduce Vett/Tartarn effectiveness against fighters by 25-50% and increase their effectiveness gaainst larger ships by same ammount. Fighters counter fighters.

Can't remember if this has been updated in a patch, BUT NERF ASSAULT SPEEDERS ALREADY!!! From what I remember, they are 100$ for something that can kill almost anything. And they build quick too. So what if they do little damage. THEY ARE TOO POWERFULL!!!

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 08-27-06 02:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13  
Suggestions:

Space:

-Give empire back 3 starting fighter garrisons (skirmish) Without them, the to x-wing squadrons easily win, with the 3, they have an equal chance at winning.

-Make the Mellenium Falcon count as 1 population point.

-Make Venator class cruisers available at merchant space dock, this should've been done on patch 1.01. *Smacks EaW team w/trouts*

-Increase corvette shot recharge time by 1 second, and increase the time between shots by .1 seconds.

-Reduce Victory cruiser turbolaser batteries by 10% vs Assault Frigates.

-Change the V-Wing to a bomber class ship.

-Venator cruisers spawn V-Wings and Z-95 Headhunters for all three factions.

-Increase Laser Cannon hardpoints' accuracy by 30% vs fighters, and reduce them by 25% vs frigates and capital ships.

-Increase Small and Medium turbolasers accuracy by 25% vs corvettes, Large turbolasers reduce by 10%.

-Fix the missile satellite, make it fire straight towards the target.

Land:

-Increase time it takes to capture cantinas by 5 seconds.

-Increase time to capture abandoned structures by 10 seconds.

-Give AT-AT's one pair of anti-infantry guns, the other pair anti-vehicle, restrict each class from firing on infantry/vehicles.

-Decrease Snowspeeder damage vs structures by 20%.

-Decrease infantry damage vs shields by 15%.

-Increase PLEX soldiers damage vs AT-AT's by 20%.

Galactic:

-1 day should equal 1 minute.

-Make Population points from planets different. (ex: Coruscant has a huge population, let it have 10 points. Bespin is a gas giant planet, give it 0 points)

-Make Bespin value 2000 credits for both sides in all conquest maps.

-Increase build time for MC80 and ISD to 180 seconds.

-Prevent Obiwan from bypasing fleets when he is paired with two groups of soldiers, this is quite frankily an unfair advantage.

Thats it for now, if I find anythign else thats anoying I'll add them later.

[This message has been edited by RedCommodore (edited 08-27-2006 @ 02:29 PM).]

posted 08-27-06 03:59 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13  
RedCommodore said: "-Give empire back 3 starting fighter garrisons (skirmish) Without them, the to x-wing squadrons easily win, with the 3, they have an equal chance at winning."

not true, if you were any good you would realize that emps power in tier one is flooding mines with TIEs and maybe some bombers. Get about half the mines or more, and then upgrade.
because ties are cheap you can do this easily. But anyway, about improvements...

Many pros (meself inculded) agree that 1.03 was the peak of this game, it started deteriorating around 1.04, and then 1.05 just killed it. Now noobs just play it, and they normally just tech upgrade. So here is what I'm saying:

Space:

-keep starting units same as before

-try to re-create 1.03, in a sense that accuracy is the same, shielding, times, yadda yadda, but maybe level out costs.

-corvette accuracy and firepower should be increased by about 10%

-reduce effectiveness of Broadside Cruisers against Space Stations by 10%

-reset Millenium Falcon's Invinciblity time to 10 seconds

More Out of the Box suggestions/Space:

-Merchant Space Docks can produce Venators

-Venators become a Victory/MkII type frigate, and can spawn 3 V-Wings

-V-wings have Ion-Torpedoe ability similar (if not the same) as Y-wings. Perhaps making it slightly less powerful because there are more V-wings in a squsd than there are Y-wings in a squad.

Thats me say on the subject, if i have anything esle to say i will say it!

[This message has been edited by b8ergy (edited 08-27-2006 @ 04:00 PM).]

posted 08-28-06 00:47 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13  
Well, I myself only have 1.0 (not so great compared to patched up, but then again I have no home computer internet so that`s too bad for me). Before my suggestion (which may have been fixed... I don`t know since I only have 1.0) I have to ask an off topic here: Where can I download these patches. I am assuming the lucasarts website but it`s kind of glitchy on this computer and I can`t find them here. Anyway,

Suggestion: Fix ISD steering. I get that the thing is huge and slow, but I tell it to move like 4 feet forward and it starts turning around and s***! Somehow, I do not think that turning around and going backward = going forward. I mean, I am pretty much the master at steering smaller ships, and the ISD is bigger and bulkier, but cmon already... the thing goes BACKWARD! Also, maybe it could do with an extra tie fighter squadron to launch... I always thought that its 72 fighter complement would outweigh the 14 fighter complement of the victory class but I guess not.

/{[[===============================,
||/
|||
\\|
`\\
Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee...
posted 08-28-06 05:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13  
b8nergy:

Yes, I agree 1.03 was the best of the latest patches, but I'm still sticking to my 3 sqauds of TIE's, as my modded game has them (I usually play rebs anyways, adds more of a chellenge vs hard AI).

Seroiusly though, spammign nebulons and acclamators isnt the honorable way to do things... its quite frankily pathetic, whats more pathetic is that it works.

Which brings me to my next few points:

Increase starbase accuracy & Damage vs frigates for each level as:
1-0% increase
2-0% increase
3-15% increase
4-30% increase
5-50% increase

Theres no honor in spamming, thats what nooblets do, not vets.

posted 08-28-06 08:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13  
Hmm, yes. Spamming low level frigates gets annoying... personally I like the empire so I go with victories and maybe an ISD or 2 for capital ships. I still wish they could launch more than 2 squadrons at once though... and I think lucasarts got the tie squadron numbers wrong, they fight in squadrons of 12 with a wing being 72. Well, whatever. I wish fighters were as useful against people as they are in the early stages of the campaign vs. the computer. You really have to have some tactics to keep your acclamators from being turned to dust. Or at least I do since I hate tartans. All around I want increased fighter awesomeness, decreased capital ship bulkness (they can barely move, and what`s more is their AI sucks at turning!), and decreased corvette class ship fighter ownage.

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 08-30-06 04:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13  
most of the pros (not the noobs) finish off people while in level 2 and 3, so dont tell me taking out an enemy station with nebs or accs is noobish, its quick, easy, and it works :P

and about the ISD movement problem, make sure you arent directing them to a place where they have to go through asteroids, because they move around them automatically.

posted 08-30-06 04:32 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13  
Yes, i am aware of that. I found that out and it was part of the problem is their AI decided to make a HUGE berth around asteroids and nebulas. But it still remains: a ship that can accelerate at several thousand Gs can`t move as fast a correlian corvette... Also it tends to turn the wrong direction, thusly being very hard to aim its 4 turbolaser batteries and 2 ion cannon batteries. Regardless, besides the capital ships having very bad pathfinding AI (they don`t seem to wanna squeeze through small places, an always split up for some reason. Space has a 3rd dimension for a reason, you stupid pilots!) I still say that ISD`s should launch some more fighters at a time. It would be so much more fun in campaign mode if you could have like 900 tie fighters at once...

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 08-30-06 06:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13  
Meh, spamming low level frigs is just plain disrespectful to the abilities of the other players.

I myself never spam them, I'd rather take a loss than do it. I live in life and games by a code of honor, even if it gets me killed, I'm happy.

All ship physics are screwed in EaW, I mean common, they don't even have collisions... I've seen fighters pass right through ships before and come out unharmed... its crazy. ISD's and MC-80's are supposed to be huge, lumbering giants, highly immanueverable. If they don't move right, blame it on thier size. The range of the cannons should make up for it though.

posted 09-02-06 02:16 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13  
Actually ISD's can move at over 55,000 Gs of acceleration, which is pretty fast. If you noticed it caught a corellian corvette over Tatooine, and even if it used its tractor beam (which is, undoubtedly, cheating), it certainly wasn't falling behind. "Lumbering Giant" more describes the death star... which in itself is actually pretty damn fast. It chases the falcon from wherever they were to YavinIV in a matter of hours. While the falcon arrives maybe 1 hour ahead with their "ultra fast hyperdrive". I still say this game is more of an arcade sim than an actual sim, which would allow big ships to move as fast as they actually can, and do as much damage as they actually do. But, being an arcade sim, I can't really ask for that or it would rig the game towards capital ships. I mean, cmon. It's not like I'm asking a star destroyer to do loop-the-loops, and go upside down, and dodge missiles with its "leet maneuvarability" since it obviously isn't going to happen. But some semblance of forward motion would be nice...

||/
|||
\\|
`\\

[This message has been edited by Reaper_93 (edited 09-02-2006 @ 02:18 PM).]

posted 09-02-06 11:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13  
Add the Dreadnaught Class Heavy Curiser, for the Empire, remove the ISD's COMPETLY until the Mission to Tatonie for the Empire. Give the Empire the Give the Empire Nebulan Bs and remove the Power To Sheilds COMPETELY. GIVE ISD, VSD and the Venator the ablitiy to land 2 company of troopers, 2 TIE Mauler companies, and 2 AT-ST companies if in orbit around a planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Add more Heros. Give the Infiltrators the ablity to "hide for cover".
posted 09-03-06 00:46 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13  
Make 1.06 include an optional installation component that gives Admiral Breaker correct grammar

||/
|||
\\|
`\\
posted 09-06-06 05:25 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13  

Quote:

Actually ISD's can move at over 55,000 Gs of acceleration, which is pretty fast.

1. Add the Dreadnaught Class Heavy Curiser, for the Empire, remove the ISD's COMPETLY until the Mission to Tatonie for the Empire. 2. Give the Empire the Give the Empire Nebulan Bs and 3. remove the Power To Sheilds COMPETELY. GIVE ISD, VSD and the 2. Venator the ablitiy to land 2 company of troopers, 2 TIE Mauler companies, and 2 AT-ST companies if in orbit around a planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4.Add more Heros. Give the Infiltrators the ablity to "hide for cover".

Yes, ISD's do move fast, but thier size still makes them lumber... a ship that is 1 mile long moving that fast, if it suddenly started going upward at full force, it would most likely create so many G-Forces it would crush the ship into a pancake-like form. No one ever said lucas's company were going for complete accuracy to physics I guess...

1. Anyways, dreadnughts suck really... They would most likely be used as a corvette class (even though it is the size of frigate class) in the post galactic war, as the weapons, shields, and armor are outdated (like acclamators).

2. Gives empire an unfair advantage, the game isnt at all canon...

3. Power to shields counters the empire's power to weapons, remove one, remove the other.

4. heroes are fine and infiltrators dont need it.

[This message has been edited by RedCommodore (edited 09-10-2006 @ 11:54 AM).]

Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » Suggestions for 1.06
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames