Game Discussion
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Kongou Dess, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Official Forces of Corruption Speculation Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
posted 04-23-06 12:43 PM EDT (US)   
If there is going to be an Empire at War expansion, I bet it'll be a Republic vs Separatists one. I can see how the ground battles would work, just cos there are so many different vehicles in the 2nd and 3rd films. How would space work? Would it be possible to have a multiplayer where you can fight the original factions and the new factions against each other, meaning 4 teams? Or would hte expansion be something else all together?

Thoughts plz!

Replies:
posted 04-23-06 12:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 70  
I'm kinda torn between what kind of expansion I'd like to see. PT stuff would be awesome, but I'd like to see some new ships added to the original two factions.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
posted 04-24-06 03:41 PM EDT (US)     2 / 70  
It's probably going to be.

EaW expnasion= Into movies 5&6+EU

EaW2=Republic at War

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 04-24-06 06:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 70  
As much as I hate to say it, Pacifica's probably right (that wasn't a crack at you, Pacifica... I just don't want to fork over 50 bucks for an EaW2.)

But, I guess that's what mods (like Imperial Assault) are for.

OOOO -DarthJacob1153- OOOO
Jorrel Fraajic (My Wookieepedia Profile)
(¯¯¯¯¯¯{{============= Custom Saber Shop =============}}¯¯¯¯¯¯)
posted 04-25-06 11:50 AM EDT (US)     4 / 70  
Ooh, then on the expansion you coud play at like the Battle of Endor and stuff, cool.

Obi-Wan: Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.
Most ironic thing ever said in Star Wars.

SW:VIII RPG

posted 04-25-06 02:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 70  
Except it wouldn't be Empire at War 2, more like Republic at War

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
posted 04-26-06 11:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 70  
Exactly.

Normality is a myth, made up by people who are afraid of who they really are.~~~kypjargon
Winner of the Moff Award for Insight That Will Likely Get the Wearer Shot One Day
Dedicated RPer
posted 04-27-06 08:40 AM EDT (US)     7 / 70  

Quote:

EaW expnasion= Into movies 5&6+EU

Unit wise (where the game really counts) it already goes into 5 and 6, aside from the Death Star 2 and the SSD.

Whoa.
posted 04-29-06 08:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 70  
And ISD MKII, Victory MKI, Interceptors, Lancer-Class frigates, Tie Defenders.

Alright, more specifically, It will probably go into EU.

Dedicated RPer
posted 05-09-06 04:23 AM EDT (US)     9 / 70  
Don't forget heroes. We haven't even seen Jedi Luke, yet! There is also the whole Black Sun Crisis, unless I just haven't encountered that yet in this game. There are also Talon Karrde, Jabba, that Trandoshan, the IG-88 Assassin Droid (I'd *love* to see the assassin droid make a reappearance) and probably some other things I'm not remembering. Oh yeah, Lando and his remote man could maybe do something, lol.

As far as ground units go, there are gads of starwars ground vehicles they decided not to use so far, but we wouldn't want too many new ones anyway, or else things could get confusing. I don't think in this case an expansion will mean another "Empire", but who knows. I suppose the Black Sun Corporation could technically make its own faction.

=$= Big J Money =$=

posted 05-09-06 09:11 AM EDT (US)     10 / 70  
IMO an expansion should move the timeline forward. That would make the current game havr larger depth, as opposed to having an expansion with a different time period, essentially dividing the game in two.
posted 05-09-06 11:17 AM EDT (US)     11 / 70  
Star Wars® Empire at War™: Forces of Corruption™

Following the success of Star Wars: Empire at War, the best-selling PC game of Q1 2006, LucasArts announces an expansion pack titled Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. A widely appealing strategy game, Empire at War let gamers play the light side or the dark side in an epic Galactic Civil War. Now, for the first time ever, Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption introduces a unique point of view – the corrupt side.

The Rebels have just destroyed the Death Star, and the galaxy is in turmoil. As an aspiring Underworld figure named Tyber Zann, spread corruption throughout the galaxy using new strategic gameplay elements to influence other factions, steal their funds, slow their production, spy on them and more, all en route to becoming the most notorious criminal leader since Jabba the Hutt. Exciting new land-tactical options like customizable, upgradeable bases and guerilla warfare allow for innovative battlefield tactics. Take command of and confront new fighting units for all factions (Rebel B-wings, Imperial TIE interceptors, Darth Vader’s Executor Super Star Destroyer and more), and take down anyone who stands in your way of ruling the Underworld, be they new battlefield heroes like Luke Skywalker and Yoda or the forces of your most bitter rival – Jabba. Destroy capital ships with the awesome firepower of the second Death Star, and satiate Tyber’s drive for the deadliest capital ship in the galaxy, a devastatingly powerful Super Star Destroyer known as the Eclipse.

Link: http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=109578&start=15

Hopefully E3 may shed some more light on it. What interest's me the most is this Tybar Zann character - will he control a new faction? That could certainly add a whole new depth to the game.

Anyway, discuss...

~~~Code of the Sith~~~

Peace is a lie,there is only passion, Through Passion, I gain strength,Through strength, I gain power,Through Power, I gain victory,Through victory, my chains are broken The force shall set me free

[This forrumer has been edited by Satan] COME WITH ME TO HELL!!

posted 05-09-06 11:31 AM EDT (US)     12 / 70  
Wow. Just, wow.
posted 05-09-06 06:26 PM EDT (US)     13 / 70  
They'd best be increasing the map sizes, then, or else the Executor won't work properly, let ALONE the Eclipse. (Which, as a side note...what the hell, why are they bringing Dark Empire Canon into this?)

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
posted 05-09-06 06:49 PM EDT (US)     14 / 70  
I think it's cool that they're adding a whole new faction and tons of new strategies, and at the same time giving us some new toys to play with from the movies. Jedi Luke, Yoda, DS2, and the SSD should keep me entertained. Probably with this new crime lord faction will be the appearance of more bounty hunters, hopefully familiar EU ones such as IG-88, Dengar, and Bossk.

I just hope these new battle tactics can really improve the sorry excuse for land battles the original has to offer. Another big thing they should work on is improved AI. All the computer does is throw groups of enemies at you, which is just plain stupid.

posted 05-09-06 07:27 PM EDT (US)     15 / 70  
I don't think this whole Expansion business is real, the screenshot is clearly faked.

[This message has been edited by Blackmoon (edited 05-09-2006 @ 07:27 PM).]

posted 05-09-06 07:33 PM EDT (US)     16 / 70  
posted 05-09-06 07:51 PM EDT (US)     17 / 70  
-_- LA needs to get a little more creative about their expansion ideas.
posted 05-10-06 08:10 AM EDT (US)     18 / 70  
Well, Lucasart have officialy got the expansion on thier front page and have got some photos and trailers along with it. The pictures have really whept my apetite (I couldn't load the trailer - damn school computers) but the photos are interesting. Along with the units that we oculd have easily guessed would be in it (Death Star 2, Executor etc) theres also some more suprises - new units (i noticed a few Droideka's, new ships, Ig-88 and a unit sharing the Boba Icon - mandalorians?) new planets (Mandalore, Hypori and The Maw) and even more confirmation of a new faction (one of the pictures show hero units, with the faction symbol underneath them, some of them with an entirely new symbol altogether).

I'll try and catch the trailer later on - should be something to look forward to

~~~Code of the Sith~~~

Peace is a lie,there is only passion, Through Passion, I gain strength,Through strength, I gain power,Through Power, I gain victory,Through victory, my chains are broken The force shall set me free

[This forrumer has been edited by Satan] COME WITH ME TO HELL!!

posted 05-10-06 12:04 PM EDT (US)     19 / 70  

Quote:

-_- LA needs to get a little more creative about their expansion ideas.

Yeah, it totally should've been about the Clone Wars.

posted 05-10-06 12:50 PM EDT (US)     20 / 70  
Think about it though. What would a clone wars add to the actual game mechanics? We have plenty of mods for the CLone Wars and other eras upcoming. This expansion seems to be adding depth to the pool, rather than just widening it.

Just my opinion though.

posted 05-10-06 02:25 PM EDT (US)     21 / 70  
Heads up, guys! The trailer is out; check the Home page for details. Also, there seems to be a few Clone Wars units, like Droidekas. We might get the best of both worlds.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
posted 05-10-06 03:02 PM EDT (US)     22 / 70  
The SSD is officially amazing.
posted 05-10-06 03:59 PM EDT (US)     23 / 70  
The trailer has me pretty excited. I just really hope the expansion isn't JUST adding new content, because that isn't going to make the game any better. It will only keep us satisfied again for a couple more months, then it will get old fast like the original. Hopefully Petro knows this and knows what they're doing. We need new gametypes, improved AI, etc. Anyway, the new stuff looks awesome. Ever since I played SOTE on the N64 so many years ago, I've always been an IG-88 fan. Also, the star vipers, B-wings, Droidekas, and Dark Troopers look awesome.

Quote:

The SSD is officially amazing.

qft.

posted 05-10-06 05:02 PM EDT (US)     24 / 70  
Ugh... Lucas Arts has dropped the ball on this one.

*Sulks*

Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that. - Captain Rex Kramer
This is a vegetarian restaurant only, we serve no animal flesh of any kind. We're not only proud of that, we're smug about it. - Michael Palin
L.A. 15, 7 Adam. 10-5 to Mary 3, I've got a blue van in the RV storage lot, 1600 North Willow. 10-35, 7 Adam is rolling.
posted 05-10-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     25 / 70  
I have 3 words for the Eclipse

O-M-G

Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Game Discussion » Official Forces of Corruption Speculation Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames