- The Empire is still at War!
- Posted on 10/3/2009 at 11:15 PM by AoErat
- Much like the present here on Earth, war is a constant in that galaxy far, far away. Empire at War remains the ultimate Star Wars real time strategy game, despite having been released several years ago. With the full campaigns provided by the core game, the expansion pack, user-generated content, and of course multiplayer, there is still a lot to do in Empire at War. So, find a free evening, dust off that CD, and do battle once again!
- Help Wanted: Graphic Designers!
- Posted on 4/7/2008 at 5:49 PM by Echuu
- HeavenGames is continuing to grow with the series of changes that are going on with the revolution that will be Cloud 9, so we need staff to take care of the new responsibilities that are arising. Right now, we're looking for the following jobs to be filled:
- Site Designer
- Graphics Artist
In both of these jobs, you'll be spearheading HeavenGames' moves into new websites and games, which are critical to maintain its growth. They're important jobs with great benefits; all of the information on their requirements and benefits can be found in the Join the Team! page.
Please contact oliver (at) heavengames (dot) com if you are interested.
- HeavenGames: A New Identity
- Posted on 9/22/2007 at 12:23 AM by Crazed Ewok
- Source: The HG Blog
After considerable deliberation, the
owners have decided that one major inhibiting factor for HeavenGames’
prosperity is the simple fact that it doesn’t have a clearly defined
identity. It has always been a site about games, but that is far too
vague for the development of any clear goals and the effective marketing
of the site.
We have thus discussed the issue with our staff and decided that we
should make HeavenGames a site entirely geared towards community. At its
core, HeavenGames always has been about building the best communities
possible, so it only makes sense that we devote all of our resources to
that service... Read more!
- HeavenGames announces StarCraft 2 Heaven!
- Posted on 8/26/2007 at 8:44 PM by Crazed Ewok
- HeavenGames (heavengames.com), the popular network of gaming fansites, has opened its latest chapter with which to bring the real-time strategy world yet another hallmark in game information and community: StarCraft 2 Heaven. Covering the highly anticipated game, StarCraft 2 Heaven promises to offer up-to-date content, the latest news, and an integrated and active community.
StarCraft 2 Heaven (starcraft2.heavengames.com) launched on August 25th, 2007 and already provides a wealth of coverage, including a preview from BlizzCon, a gallery of artwork and screenshots, news, game information, and discussion forums. Few other sites provide such various and complete content as StarCraft 2 Heaven!
- Official HeavenGames CEO Blog Opens
- Posted on 8/2/2007 at 2:57 PM by Angel Socrateius
- Source: The HG Blog
(I'm pensive about so many things in this photo)
My name is Socvazius; I'm the new CEO of HG, but I've been around for quite a long time. I started visiting HG in late 1997 (at age 11), joined the staff in 2000 (my first article, a masterpiece by any standard), joined the executive board in 2003 (I have nothing to say here but I wanted to add a parenthesis for consistency), and became owner in 2005 (when I turned 18). Over all that time, I have been webmaster of 6 Heavens and have done about every possible job.
Offline, I go by the name Sergio Prado and I study history at Harvard University in Boston, Massachusetts. I am currently working in marketing at Vivendi Universal on Empire Earth III and World in Conflict. I love philosophy, history, physics and politics among other things, and to compensate for my nerdy tendencies I've been known to karate it up as well as do all the other things that college students do. Oh yes.
Anyway, this is my blog! While I will surely use this blog for my own narcissistic ramblings, I intend it to be used mostly to keep everyone up to date on what's going on in HeavenGames, especially the stuff that pertains to my job: management, PR, and all the other fun parts of a gaming website. In fact, I do have some news that you guys might be interested in. For the past couple months the owners have been discussing a major revamp of how HG operates, including its staff management and exactly what services it will provide to the community. We're zeroing in on a finalized plan, so keep your eyes peeled for a freakin huge article that'll be way too long to be worth reading!
Until the next post my friends,
- HeavenGames Appoints Sergio Prado as new CEO
- Posted on 7/27/2007 at 5:21 PM by Crazed Ewok
- LOMBARD, IL - HeavenGames LLC, an internet leader in strategy fansites, today announced it has appointed Sergio "Socvazius" Prado to the position of Chief Executive Officer, effective July 28, 2007. Mr. Prado, a driven executive with considerable experience in the gaming industry, has worked at HeavenGames for 7 years in addition to Vivendi Universal's brand marketing department. He currently is a college junior at Harvard University.
Prior to this appointment at HeavenGames, Mr. Prado served as the company's Chief Content Officer on the executive board, ensuring the professional quality of content present across the network. He also headed six of its sites: for Age of Empires III, Age of Mythology, Age of Kings, Age of Empires, Rome: Total War, and Cossacks. During his employ at Vivendi Universal, Mr. Prado worked to market World in Conflict and Empire Earth III, two of the biggest strategy titles of 2007.
Tom Mescher, the exiting CEO, served as HeavenGames' leader since its incorporation in October of 2000. He is moving on to continue his career in the IT industry.
ABOUT HEAVENGAMES, LLC
HeavenGames LLC (http://www.heavengames.com), based in Lombard, Illinois, is a privately owned web-content publisher geared towards the creation of special-interest sites for Real-Time Strategy and City-Builder games. Its sites, content, vast amounts of resources, as well as a dedicated staff & management team make HeavenGames' sites recognized by developers and press alike as one of the premier destinations for gamers worldwide.
- Mac Demo and New Map Pack!
- Posted on 4/3/2007 at 1:11 PM by Crazed Ewok
- Petroglyph has released a demo for the Macintosh operating system. This opens up the original Empire at War for use in the Mac community!
Additionally, they have released some maps, which appear to look pretty good. Be sure to snatch them!
- Downloads Survey
- Posted on 2/12/2007 at 12:37 PM by Crazed Ewok
- HeavenGames has started a survey in regards to the Downloads section. The management began this survey because they would like to know what you think about the Downloads section. It's a simple survey - just answer 6 or so questions.
If you use the Downloads system, please check it out. You'll be helping HeavenGames by doing so!
- New Clan
- Posted on 1/1/2007 at 11:28 PM by Crazed Ewok
- We have added a new clan to our Clan Listing page. The Corellian Security Force, or CorSec, is a clan that offers matches in EaW, and also has organizations that allow participants to play in other games.
- FoC Map Editor
- Posted on 12/19/2006 at 12:31 AM by Echuu
- For those EaW scenario designers looking to do some work for the FoC expansion, look no more. tacoman in our forums found the new editor and shared it with the community. Look in this thread, and take your pick of any of the links provided for it.