Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.48 replies
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Strategy » Ground Tactics
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ground Tactics
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
DG_republicmk0
Ensign
posted 02-07-07 07:27 PM EDT (US)         
Well, we have a debate on the space fleets and their respective tactics, but what about when the fighting goes landside? Got any ideas for any of the three factions here?

The most deadly weapon are the small ones.
Those that you usually don't notice until you feel them pressing against your back.
-Fiction by me: Showdown
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
AuthorReplies:
Sir Were
Banned
posted 02-24-07 11:51 PM EDT (US)     26 / 48       
Hmmm...Heroes: Luke, Obi-wan, and the Gargantuan.
Not sure about units.
Cheapy the Hutt
Ensign
posted 02-25-07 00:28 AM EDT (US)     27 / 48       
The Gargatuan should be pulled from the game. One, it's way to powerful, two, it's so big it has its own hardpoints, and three, it pwns you no matter what you have. You can have ten AT-ATs for all the game cares and you will get pwned by Bel Ilbis. ALONE.*

*On Auto-resolve, but you get my point.

Sir Were
Banned
posted 02-25-07 00:45 AM EDT (US)     28 / 48       
Meh, auto resolve. I hate having to do that, it never works. The Executer was beaten off by a lvl 1 SS and a few corvettes.
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 02-25-07 10:54 AM EDT (US)     29 / 48       
Sounds good for the rebels, but auto resolve is a pointless thing, the computer can do some stupid things

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
Sir Were
Banned
posted 02-25-07 11:39 AM EDT (US)     30 / 48       
Agreed, we could have an entire thread about auto resolve horror stories.
Darth Fish
Ensign
posted 02-25-07 12:49 PM EDT (US)     31 / 48       
Agreed.
I have lost a lot of things to that damn computer.

`````````_,o_
________/- --|'--,__________________________________
]:-----\_--- --- --- --- ----- ------- --- --'',--o--\___________',=====-----
````\:|0)>>____,---------------------------'

My SSD Darth Fish:Member of The Resistance Imperial Star Destroyer, the smart choice of ship.
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 02-25-07 05:52 PM EDT (US)     32 / 48       
I have only used it once, and it ended up with the loss of three planets including Sullust.

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-04-07 08:33 PM EDT (US)     33 / 48       
Trying to keep this thread alive here...

I recently discovered the rebel special weapons groups, the Infiltrators and Plex Soldiers. I have won against 5 AT-AT's and like 15 AT-ST's with around 5 teams of Infiltrators and 2 companies of Plex Soldiers

Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-04-07 08:59 PM EDT (US)     34 / 48       
Never use infiltrators myself, but Plexies are cool.
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-04-07 09:13 PM EDT (US)     35 / 48       
Try it sometime, they are ridiculously good against infantry. Try to have at least 1 Y-Wing squad in orbit, they help alot

DG_republicmk0
Ensign
posted 03-06-07 06:55 PM EDT (US)     36 / 48       
Actually that is a pretty good idea their Rifle, Infiltrators are commando units and they definitely fight like it. Team them up with a few PLEX troops and you have yourself a good raiding party for taking down ground-to-orbit defenses before your invasion fleet is alive.

btw, what is your online name for EaW? we should go head-to-head sometime.

The most deadly weapon are the small ones.
Those that you usually don't notice until you feel them pressing against your back.
-Fiction by me: Showdown
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-07-07 00:20 AM EDT (US)     37 / 48       
Throw Obi-Wan in there, and you're essentially unstoppable with enough micromanagement.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-07-07 04:31 PM EDT (US)     38 / 48       
I rarley play online anymore DG, mostly on GC on hard or whatever, still fun. Obi-Wan would make it better, but that's one more slot that u cant fill with an Infilitrator team or Plex Soldier company, if ur worried about healing have at least 1 Bacta Healing station built.

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-07-07 05:13 PM EDT (US)     39 / 48       
Obi Wan doesn't take slots.

Unless some Patch made it so he does. Heroes never take slots. I always drop Obi Wan, Han/Chewie, and 3 Infiltrators.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-08-07 08:12 PM EDT (US)     40 / 48       
Good idea, Han/Chewie =kick ass. Chewie steals any heavy weaponry that the Empire has i.e. AT-AT.

[This message has been edited by DeadlyRifle (edited 03-11-2007 @ 12:20 PM).]

Executor Captain
Ensign
posted 03-20-07 06:54 AM EDT (US)     41 / 48       
It is highly unpleasant to be on the other side of Chewie... The number of AT-ATs I've lost, the scouts and Infantry that died instantly... And Han is just as bad! I attack on a few large, grouped fronts when trying to advance (I spread out when stationary to avoid bombers), and that arrogant prig comes sprinting along past, EMs, and I get the hell beaten out of me until the effect wears off!!! Damnit all!

***Sorry... Unprofessional...***

"Why, Lieutenant, does Command insist on sending me stupid, stupid officers? I swear my blaster is overheating!"
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-20-07 05:57 PM EDT (US)     42 / 48       
All good, just think of that with Infilitrators taking out all of ur infnatry and any vehicles left after Han and Chewie get done with them.

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-20-07 10:11 PM EDT (US)     43 / 48       
One of the reasons I build up Anti-Personnel Turrets or mass Scout Bikes before I move forward my AT-AT's. I refuse to lose such a vehicle to that furry bastard.

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-25-07 10:53 AM EDT (US)     44 / 48       
Lol, but then what happens after use lose the protection of those turrets cause ur army has passed out of its protection range?

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-25-07 11:56 AM EDT (US)     45 / 48       
That's where the Scout Bikes come in handy.

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-25-07 12:57 PM EDT (US)     46 / 48       
ok, anti-vehicle, any sort of vehicle will destroy them

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-25-07 05:58 PM EDT (US)     47 / 48       
Well, Anti-Vehicle isn't what was worrying me. I was mentioning how I respond to the threat of Chewie, and Infiltrators for that matter.

Anti-Vehicle as Imps is actually kinda hard, as you lack the Plex troopers. For the most part I find ATST's the most convenient, as Concentrate Firepower does massive damage if you've got 8 or more ATST's.

As well, they're cheap and plentiful, and you can walk over Infantry.

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-25-07 08:31 PM EDT (US)     48 / 48       
Touche, so to deal with the factors of infantry/ light and heavy vehicle combo, you have Han and Chewie, at least 3 teams of Infilittrators and at least 2 companies of Plexies.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames