You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Moff Yittreas, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.238 replies
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Strategy » Rebel Fleets...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rebel Fleets...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10  Next Page »
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 01-13-07 02:02 PM EDT (US)         
Im looking for the ideal Rebel Fleets. Give me ur thoughts about what the ideal Rebel Fleet is for assaulting a fully upgraded space station, defending against a massive imperial attack, what kind of ships would best be used for assaulting pirate statinos.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
AuthorReplies:
Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-20-07 10:10 PM EDT (US)     176 / 238       
Anyone who allows an Imperial player to build 10 Executors is unlikely to be what I'd call "experienced".

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-20-07 10:53 PM EDT (US)     177 / 238       
And a game that would allow that would be so crappy nobody would play anyways

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
Executor Captain
Ensign
posted 03-21-07 06:19 AM EDT (US)     178 / 238       
Well, I only just got a Broadband Internet link, I normally have to fight a CPU with an IQ of about four... So I adapt tactics from that, mainly. A lot of the time, the best players can be thwarted by a semi-skilled, unpredictable as hell player, because tactics that no-one ever users are not defended against. and anyway, there are people with expensive fleets listed here, if you really think about it, my fleet is not unreasonable. And, its highly effective. Frigates are useless once the Capital Ships come out, and Capital Ships are useless once Super-Capital Ships come out. The Executor-Class Super Star Destroyer has exactly one weakness: Bombers. Tartans on them, SSDs on everything else.

BTW: This is dream fleets, after all, and a lot less than some people have used against a computer player...

"Why, Lieutenant, does Command insist on sending me stupid, stupid officers? I swear my blaster is overheating!"
Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-21-07 02:04 PM EDT (US)     179 / 238       

Quote:

A lot of the time, the best players can be thwarted by a semi-skilled, unpredictable as hell player, because tactics that no-one ever users are not defended against. and anyway

Which would work in a game such as AOK, or Total War, but EAW is far too straight forward for many unconventional tactics to succeed.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
Gorgorath
Ensign
posted 03-21-07 02:22 PM EDT (US)     180 / 238       
Stormraider is right.

Like most of the time.

I have been dragged through the depths of hell where the mercy meaning has been lost forever and pain is the only friend you will only know, for demons walk the earh and when you think the pain is over it comes back, only worse.
Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-21-07 02:42 PM EDT (US)     181 / 238       

Quote:

Like most of the time.

Quote:

Like all of the time.

Fixed.

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-21-07 06:20 PM EDT (US)     182 / 238       
I read the post, and thought the same as Stormraider but had no time to reply at the time. Thankfully you all came to the same conclusion

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-24-07 01:49 PM EDT (US)     183 / 238       
lol, i thought i was teh noobie..either way, im no longer nooble nooblet!!!HOOORRRAAAHH!!!

"Understanding Dawn of War strategy is easy. You see, the key is to make your banshees DANCE.Your oponent, seeing the hotness of their alien bodies, will salvitate on his keyboard and electrocute himself,giving you yet another free win" - some random DOW player

(\_/) EAW online username: [EEF]jericho8800[PVT]
(O.o)
(> < ) copy and paste bunny to help him on his way to world domination.

Gorgorath
Ensign
posted 03-25-07 01:46 AM EDT (US)     184 / 238       
I'm only a noob to this online posting.

I've played the game since it's come out and it's not all the time I get to talk to people who actually play and are good at it.

I have been dragged through the depths of hell where the mercy meaning has been lost forever and pain is the only friend you will only know, for demons walk the earh and when you think the pain is over it comes back, only worse.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-25-07 02:59 AM EDT (US)     185 / 238       
*whispers to gorgorath* You came to the wrong place. The people here suck

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-25-07 09:13 AM EDT (US)     186 / 238       
GoSaling i dont no what u talking bout i kick ass .

Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-25-07 11:06 AM EDT (US)     187 / 238       
I can't tell whether or not you're serious...
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-25-07 11:28 AM EDT (US)     188 / 238       
Lol I can't either. I think hes trying to make it seem like a joke so he seems modest, but thats what he actually thinks of himself (not a bad thing).

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-25-07 01:00 PM EDT (US)     189 / 238       
uh sure lets go with that, but who created the Fighter Fleet?

jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-25-07 01:41 PM EDT (US)     190 / 238       
Ze fighta fleet creator,lol...This one thinks stormraider was the one who introduced in this thread.

"Understanding Dawn of War strategy is easy. You see, the key is to make your banshees DANCE.Your oponent, seeing the hotness of their alien bodies, will salvitate on his keyboard and electrocute himself,giving you yet another free win" - some random DOW player

(O.o)

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-25-07 05:59 PM EDT (US)     191 / 238       
I didn't introduce the Fighter Fleet, I just critiqued it.

My fleet introduction is the Vette/Gunship one for hit and run.

jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-25-07 06:12 PM EDT (US)     192 / 238       
this one meant you told us about it and start the discussion on it, at leats..this one thinks...

(O.o)

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-25-07 08:29 PM EDT (US)     193 / 238       
No i started the thread and came up with the idea of the Fighter Fleet with the vettes and Stormraider helped work out the addition of Gunships

Gorgorath
Ensign
posted 03-28-07 02:38 PM EDT (US)     194 / 238       
In the first i would agree with Deadly Rifle with ading the extra gunships.

ANd these guys have helped my game lots since i started posting

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-28-07 05:57 PM EDT (US)     195 / 238       
We appreciate this Gorgorath, im proud to have helped ur game

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-28-07 08:07 PM EDT (US)     196 / 238       
It's what we're here for.

That, and the free cookies.

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-28-07 08:11 PM EDT (US)     197 / 238       
foshizzle

GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-28-07 10:49 PM EDT (US)     198 / 238       
What cookies? Where are these cookies? I'm hungry from learneding gorgorath.

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-28-07 11:50 PM EDT (US)     199 / 238       
Sorry, we already ate them all.

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-29-07 04:45 PM EDT (US)     200 / 238       
Yeah, ate them all and they were good, chocolate chip

« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames