You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modifications & Maps
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Moff Yittreas, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.No replies
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Modifications & Maps » Modding question for creating a new Galactic Conquest sandbox campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:Modding question for creating a new Galactic Conquest sandbox campaign
jagd_uc
Ensign
posted 12-06-13 07:43 PM EDT (US)         
Hello, to any who remain here:

I have been trying for almost a month to get my mod to work, to no avail. I get the error message "Expect strange bugs" and it says there is a syntax error in the Campaigns_Underworld_GC.xml file, and to check the log file (but of course, the log file is no where to be found!)

I think there could be a few reasons it is not working, apart from a simple typo.

So my first question is, if I DUPLICATED a campaign in the xml file and created a new one with the duplicate, what would I need to change to make the duplicate work so the game did not run into a syntax error? Do I have to change the campaign_set? The sort_order? I've tried a lot of different things but they ain't workin'

Second, the problem may be that I am trying to get the pirates to use a unit normally only useable by the Hutt faction. So, I edited the xml so that the "Affiliation" was also for the Pirates, and just to make sure, I created a completely new unit for it, with "Variant_of_existing_type" set to the Hutt unit and the "Affiliation" set to "Pirates." However, I'm not sure this is right.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames