You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Moff Yittreas, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.22 replies
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Strategy » imperial skirmish space tactics
Bottom
Topic Subject:imperial skirmish space tactics
jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-05-07 06:42 PM EDT (US)         
I've found the rebel fleets thread quite helpful, but id like to know some good combinations and general strategies.Also,i invite you to pick apart others strategies and give "constructive criticism" also, id like to make clear, THIS IS NOT ABOUT GALACTIC CONQUEST, it is about multi-palyer style SKIRMISHES, i myself prefer the skirmishes to the galactic conquest, considering the crucial fact of not being able to make new units in battle, the galactic conquest battles are very much different from the skirmishes...i know that sounds like i think your stupid, but i am getting annoyed at how people always mistake that...whew, now thbat im done, post away!

"Understanding Dawn of War strategy is easy. You see, the key is to make your banshees DANCE.Your oponent, seeing the hotness of their alien bodies, will salvitate on his keyboard and electrocute himself,giving you yet another free win" - some random DOW player

(\_/) EAW online username: [EEF]jericho8800[PVT]
(O.o)
(> < ) copy and paste bunny to help him on his way to world domination.

AuthorReplies:
Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-05-07 08:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22       
Never.
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-05-07 08:54 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22       
In the beggining of a Skrimish, u should have TIE fighters and Tartans eventually adding Acclamators and then Victory Cruisers. Vettes and Neb B's are ur worst enemy cause they take care of ur fighters and ur Acclamators.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-05-07 10:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22       
@sir were: never never....(imps own abasolutly everything!!!!!!!!!!)i didnt say anything...

@deadly rifle: i never make tie fighters,and i only make 1 or 2 squads of bombers at the beggining,i dont want to waste pop cap on cheap things,honestly,im usually more concerned with pop cap than resources,i donw want to have a core of extremely weak units,why not get them for free *cough* with the best ship in game*cough* or with a lesser cap ship, and im very heavy on my cap ships, i could care less for ties, and kind and tartans get some of my attention, ever since the rebel fleets thread opened my nooby eyes to their mass ownage...

"Understanding Dawn of War strategy is easy. You see, the key is to make your banshees DANCE.Your oponent, seeing the hotness of their alien bodies, will salvitate on his keyboard and electrocute himself,giving you yet another free win" - some random DOW player

(O.o)

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-06-07 09:52 AM EDT (US)     4 / 22       
I try to tech up fast right past Acclamators, as the Neb-B's are overmatched against them. At the beginning Tartans + Fett are your best friends, use their speed to capture as many Mining Facilities as possible as fast as possible. Back them up with Bomber Squads Hypered in to deal with Neb-B's. Fight hard only for Mining Facilities near your base--or the closest ones--and use your maneuverability to keep circling around destroying Rebel facilities and building your own. The key is to get as much income as possible in the short term so you can Tech-Rush to VicStars. At that point, you can start putting up a serious fight for all the MinFacs you can. One of you should concentrate on Vic's, and the other on continuing the Anti-Fighter/Vette cover. From there, it's teching to ImpStars, and the good ol' ImpStar/Tartan Combo. Throw in one or two Broadsides to bombard the enemy stations and hardpoints, and you're in for a smooth ride.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-06-07 01:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 22       
Do whatever Stormraider tell you to.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-06-07 06:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22       
Stormraider got it down just about perfectly. You need to keep as many mining facilities as possible without provoking a huge battle that you can't win at that stage of the game.

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-07-07 04:32 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22       
And again i dont even have to speak

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-07-07 05:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22       
Stormraider, when you said the stuff about broadsides, i doubted you, but after and hour and a half constant(litterally)siege of about 40 pirate bases with countless ships against me and my friend, i realized how awesome broadsides were. somehow,i took out about 10 pirate bases,ships and all, with 1 victory, 2acclamators, and 3 tatrans, each pirate base had about 3 pirate frigates and countless fighters. I wouldnt have won if my friend hadnt had about 7 broadsides ounding down on those bases...

the map was oviously cust, made by Delta LCP,i think, or he may have gotten it from someone else, the ai was on hard, so after we finnaly wiped out the pirates, we still had a but load of enemies to deal with, i had 2 different fleets,one trying to hold the middle ground against the rebels, and the other assaulting the pirate bases, ive never micromanaged that much since a game of danw of war with the eldar,lol, if anyone plays that.anyways, broadsides are'nt particulary versatile, but they have absolute ownage at what they do, and slow moving cap ships can be considered a big enough target for a broadside at medium range, i also never noticed how long range the victorys and the ISD's were, acclamators are always having to get within close range to fire...

(O.o)

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-07-07 06:53 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22       
Properly protected, Broadsides are battle-winners like no other Imperial unit.

The key words, unfortunately, being properly protected. They're too damned vulnerable to sneak attacks, so you tend to have to keep them surrounded by ships which can knock out an attacker very, very, quickly. Since those sneak attacks are usually by Corvettes or fighters, I tend to use ISD's and Tartans. The ISD tractor beam can hold a 'vette while you move the ISD and Broadside in opposite directions, and the Tartans can quickly Power To Weapons to destroy attackers before they do too much damage.

As an added bonus, the ISD's Ties can be used as suicide scouts, to find targets for your Broadside long before their weapons are in range of you.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit

[This message has been edited by Stormraider (edited 03-07-2007 @ 06:53 PM).]

Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-07-07 09:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22       
Yup, watch out for 'vettes speed boosting in to wipe out your broadsiders.
jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-07-07 10:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22       
eh, bloody vengeance.lol

yes, i did notice my boradside got pounded when i got in close range of a mo clamari, mainly by misfires from it, since it was aiming at my ISD...

(O.o)

Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-08-07 00:02 AM EDT (US)     12 / 22       
Mon calamari cruiser shooting missiles? How...interesting.
jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-08-07 05:07 PM EDT (US)     13 / 22       
no, a few laser shots here and there, and the fact that my broadside was rediculosly(i didnt spell that right, did i?)close, the mon calamari warped right beside me.
lol, i spelled spell wrong.

(O.o)

[This message has been edited by jesusfreak27 (edited 03-08-2007 @ 05:44 PM).]

Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-08-07 05:25 PM EDT (US)     14 / 22       
I'd recommend getting the newest version of MFF. It has a built in spell checker. That's why I rarely spell a word wrong.
jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-08-07 05:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 22       
I spell good in real life, I just have horrific typos,lol. and where is this legendary MFF you speak of?

Im in serious need of good rush tactics or early game defense fleet tactics...

(O.o)

[This message has been edited by jesusfreak27 (edited 03-08-2007 @ 06:31 PM).]

Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-08-07 07:49 PM EDT (US)     16 / 22       
Unfortunately, this isn't real life. MFF is Mozilla FireFox.
GoSailing
EEH Seraph
posted 03-09-07 00:27 AM EDT (US)     17 / 22       

Quote:

I spell good in real life

That right there is a self-defeating statement. Just think about it a moment or two

@ Sir Were: Yes Mozilla is great for that, the problem is even if I know the spelling is wrong on some words, that doesn't mean I can figure out what the right way is Such as "Kamikaze"

"It seems to me the humour of Sails is so dry you could strike a match on it and it would be the humour that caught fire." - Friend of Old

[This message has been edited by GoSailing (edited 03-09-2007 @ 00:29 AM).]

jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-10-07 04:12 PM EDT (US)     18 / 22       
lol,i have been officically owned, i mean when im paying attention enoigh, like in writing,lol.

(O.o)

Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-11-07 03:57 AM EDT (US)     19 / 22       
*sighs* In one ear, and out the other.
Executor Captain
Ensign
posted 03-20-07 04:18 AM EDT (US)     20 / 22       
Im in serious need of good rush tactics or early game defense fleet tactics...

-JesusFreak27

Easy, cheap tactics...
1: Build 3-4 bomber squadrons, some fighters, say 4-5 flights (whatever you like) and run one of the fighter groups up to the enemy station, jumping everything else in en route. Bombers to fire upon shields, fighters to cover them and/or attack the station too (they can often pick up the last few HP of a hardpoint so your bombers can shell a full strength target).
2: Defense is unnecessary if your opponent is busy, or incapable of attacking. steal enough mines, and your enemy will go into damage control, thus your station is safe. Just remember to defend the mines with a Tartan/Corellian Corvette/Corellian Gunship and some bombers. (One corvette and one bomber group is a strong combination against the rebels early, and nearly as good against Imperials too, but other tactics will be necessary later)

"Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out"

[This message has been edited by Executor captain (edited 03-20-2007 @ 05:22 AM).]

Stormraider
Lieutenant
posted 03-20-07 09:53 AM EDT (US)     21 / 22       
Defense is never "unnecessary". Any good opponent, when he is on the pure defensive, will at some point attempt a breakout. He'll try to flip a few fighters by you while you're fighting him, and Hyper in a small fleet to destroy your mines while you're distracted at his base. This is the only way he can succeed in turning the game around, so he is bound to try it eventually.

jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-24-07 01:46 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22       
To think i nearly forgot about these forums...i've been to caught up in suff in my clan,. a clan leader betrayed uis and blah blah blah..anyways...i've found pretty good success(except against cosmicbutts(a clan that owns and mops up the quickmatch floor))going for the middle, if there are mines there.helps me stay defensive and offensive..

(O.o)

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames