You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy
Moderated by Crazed Ewok, The Mace, Echuu, Moff Yittreas, Gen_Rhys_Dallows

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven » Forums » Strategy » imperial land skirmish tactics
Bottom
Topic Subject:imperial land skirmish tactics
jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-04-07 07:59 PM EDT (US)         
I'm a new player, i only bought this wonderful game about a week ago,and i;ve found these forums very helpful,however, i havent found any thread about imperial land skirmish tactics, anybody got good combinations and just general tactics?

"Understanding Dawn of War strategy is easy. You see, the key is to make your banshees DANCE.Your oponent, seeing the hotness of their alien bodies, will salvitate on his keyboard and electrocute himself,giving you yet another free win" - some random DOW player

(\_/) EAW online username: [EEF]jericho8800[PVT]
(O.o)
(> < ) copy and paste bunny to help him on his way to world domination.

AuthorReplies:
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-04-07 08:42 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Honestly the Imps get owned by Airspeeders if not properly protected so have AA guns at key points where the enemy would most likley bomb. TIE Maulers are great for taking care of infantry, so have them ambushing infantry contigents at random times. AT-ST's are good when massed. Scout Bikes can be ur best friend if used properly, having them using hit and run tactics, dropping those thermal detonators.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.
- General George Patton Jr
jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-04-07 09:03 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
thx, i hardly ever use the scout troopers, but i guess ill try it on ai, see if it works,lol

"Understanding Dawn of War strategy is easy. You see, the key is to make your banshees DANCE.Your oponent, seeing the hotness of their alien bodies, will salvitate on his keyboard and electrocute himself,giving you yet another free win" - some random DOW player

(O.o)

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-04-07 09:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Definetly they are highly effective seeing as players rarley see them coming, i no this from expierence lol

jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-04-07 11:06 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
deadlly rifle, i just tried the speeder thing and it worked ten times better than i expected it too, great divisonary tactic too. i wnet behind the rebs and captured a pont with my speeders and had them deploy all their troops deep within their own lines to relieve my troops being attacked and was able to capture a forward point and put pressure on them and won! btw, i never knew 2 scout troopers could last trhat long in a mass that big,by the time i had noticed it it was to loate for thermos, anyways, i cant wiat to try it out online! ^^

(O.o)

Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-05-07 11:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
Seeing as I just autoresolve my land battles now, I can't help, but back in the days when I didn't, I used AT-ST's. Lots of them.
WatchWood
Ensign
posted 03-05-07 01:33 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
I usually auto-resolve, simply because I'm not bit on the land game. But when money is tight, I fight the land game manually, because you take much higher casualties in auto-resolve then you do when actually fighting the game, for some reason.

I'm Your Daddy
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Can't believe on back on this damned site again.
Sir Were
Banned
posted 03-05-07 01:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
'Cept in my case, cause I suck in land fighting.
DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-05-07 04:30 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Jesus, its the speed and fact that two can take on platoon of infantry and do serious damage to light vehicles with that thermal detonator

jesusfreak27
Ensign
posted 03-05-07 06:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
To all those talking about the land battle auto-resolve, i usually prefer space battles as well,but im talking about skirmishes, like in multi-player,not galactic conquest.

and to deadly rifle, my first impression on them a few days ago real did underestimate thoe speeeders, i still have yet to try the thermos on vehicles...i've always found them quite a useful tool for mass disruption =)

a side note: sry for any spelling errors, i have major typo catastrophes,lol =P

(O.o)

[This message has been edited by jesusfreak27 (edited 03-05-2007 @ 06:11 PM).]

DeadlyRifle
Ensign
posted 03-05-07 08:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
All good, Scout Bikes and Stormies should make up the core of ur army and probably AT-ST's as well.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Star Wars: Empire at War Heaven | HeavenGames