News Archives - September 2006
- FoC Demo!
- Posted on 9/29/2006 at 10:18 PM by Crazed Ewok
- Thanks to the forummer Blackmoon for alerting us to this find, 3dGamers will be uploading the official Forces of Corruption demo on October 6, just over a week away!
Step into the shadows that hide the likes of Jabba The Hutt in the single-player demo for Star Wars: Empire at War Forces of Corruption, the expansion pack for the best selling Star Wars: Empire at War. Command a whole new faction of ruthless criminals as you experience the beginnings of Tyber Zann's rise to power as the galactic crime lord. Encounter upgraded Empire and Rebellion forces as you seek to replace Jabba the Hutt as the most powerful criminal leader in the galaxy. -- 3d Gamers
I'm certainly exited to hear this, and you can find out all the information here!
- EmpireAtWar.net Live Developer Chat - Sept 29
- Posted on 9/25/2006 at 9:38 PM by AoErat
- Interested in speaking with the developers of Empire at War: Forces of Corruption? You'll get your chance on September 29th, at 5:00 PM, PST. The event, hosted by EmpireAtWar.net, can be accessed here.
- More screenshots
- Posted on 9/25/2006 at 8:37 PM by Crazed Ewok
- Petroglyph has released some more awesome screenshots and concept art. My favorite of the four is this one. It kind of reminds me of a giant Raven's Claw or Moldly Crow (it looks more like them in the actual screenshot, trust me), but that cool blue motif really makes it nice. There's 4 images in the group, such as this one which visualizes some Droidekas fighting against Wookiee soldiers.
All of these and a podcast detailing the concept art can be found on Petroglyph's main page for EaW here.
- New Holocron Entry
- Posted on 9/21/2006 at 4:13 PM by Crazed Ewok
- Well, it's been awhile, but we finally have another addition to our Holocron! Forummer Xaph has written a guide of how to get superiority in the Galactic Conquest mode of gameplay. You can check it out here.
- IGN Forces of Corruption Preview
- Posted on 9/19/2006 at 3:05 PM by AoErat
- Check out IGN's new preview of the upcoming Empire at War expansion, Forces of Corruption! They've got three pages, packed with information and screenshots. In the coming weeks, IGN will be covering more in-depth info on the game.
Here's a few interesting points:
1) There will be a game replay/recording feature.
2) New pathfinder ships can arrive before a battle to scout.
3) The Zann Consortium can employ kidnapping, piracy, racketeering, slavery, and black markets to gain advantages.
4) Larger maps and more environmental effects.
Read the full Preview at IGN.
- 5 New FoC Screenshots
- Posted on 9/11/2006 at 10:51 PM by Crazed Ewok
- Petroglyph has posted some more screenshots. Among the units shown is a Destroyer Droid Mark II. The image I show below is a design sketch, but it's one of the coolest units I've seen yet!
Yeah, man. They also have some real in-game screenshots including the "Defiler" trooper. You can see the new eye candy here.
- HeavenGames Forum Survey
- Posted on 9/9/2006 at 9:35 PM by Crazed Ewok
- The staff of HG would like to get some feedback! We're considering some updates to our forum system (revamping, adding, taking away features) and we'd like you to tell us what you think we need. You can submit your survey results here.
- Four New Forces of Corruption Gameplay Videos
- Posted on 9/7/2006 at 8:30 PM by Echuu
- GameSpot has just released FOUR, yes four, new gameplay videos for the upcoming Forces of Corruption expansion. Make sure that checking these out is part of your agenda for today.
- FanFic Contest Nearing a Close
- Posted on 9/5/2006 at 6:24 PM by Crazed Ewok
- All participants in the SWU FanFiction Contest have only four days to complete their work. If you've joined in on the fun and the possibility of some great prizes, make sure to finish your work soon!