News Archives - August 2006
- New screenshots
- Posted on 8/29/2006 at 12:29 AM by Crazed Ewok
- Petroglyph has released new screenshots for Forces of Corruption. Among them are bandit tanks and conceptual designs.
You can check them out on the Petroglyph main page, which is linked above.
- Suggestions for Patch 1.06
- Posted on 8/26/2006 at 7:03 PM by Echuu
- Assuming there is going to be another patch before the release of the upcoming expansion, what are some things that you, the players, would like to see? If there is anything about the game that ticks you off, or you just feel should be added/removed/changed, then hop on over to our forums and give us your input. The thread is located here
- Coming Up: Forces of Corruption Game Guide
- Posted on 8/24/2006 at 8:21 PM by AoErat
- With the release of Empire at War's expansion, Forces of Corruption coming soon, Prima has readied their game guide to be released October 24th of this year. Both physical books and e-guides will be available. Here's a few things that'll be in the guide:
- New Units Revealed - Each of the 40 new units will be detailed with full stats. Vehicles and troops never before seen in the Star Wars Universe.
- New Planets Fully Mapped - Labeled and complete maps will be provided for every one of the 13 new planets and battle zones. Enabling players to plan their strategies to fit the battlefield.
- Corruption Tactics Covered - With the new faction (the eponymous Forces of Corruption) come new tactics of sabotage, bribery, and subterfuge. Prima will detail how to use these features to their full potential.
Copies may be pre-ordered at Prima's website.
- Ultimate EaW v3.2 Released
- Posted on 8/23/2006 at 6:38 PM by Echuu
- Fynbos, a member of the UEAW Team, has informed us of the latest release of the huge modification for EaW known as Ultimate Empire at War. For those who haven't heard of it, this mod takes a big leap in the game, and lets you play in the different eras of the Star Wars timeline. Although I myself have not yet played it, from what I've seen it looks and sounds impressive.
Be sure to check out Fynbos' posting here!
- Petroglyph Game Days
- Posted on 8/16/2006 at 1:44 AM by Crazed Ewok
- Petroglyph Games, the creators of Empire at War, have announced something of considerable interest. They plan to offer "Game Days", possibly a few times a month, in which players will be able to play representatives from Petroglyph. Hardcore players will be able to win prizes, such as EaW related-items, if they are able to beat the revered designers of the game itself.
The first Game Day is scheduled two days from now, Friday the 18th. The place - the General Lobby area in EaW. The time? 1 PM PST (GMT-8). If you're up to the challenge, be there or...well, just be there.
You can find out more information here!
- Petroglyph Contest: Outer Rim Customs
- Posted on 8/5/2006 at 9:54 PM by AoErat
- Check out Petroglyph's (developers of Empire at War) new contest: Outer Rim Customs. To enter, all you need to do is mod your favorite Star Wars craft from Empire at War with your favorite graphics editing program. There are three categories: Capital Ship, Fighter, and Planetary. Here's what they have to say:
Here is your opportunity to Pimp Out your favorite Star Wars Empire at War capital ships, fighters, and other planetary crafts! Will you bust out the bling blingin' rims, turning your AT-AT into a low rider or give R2D2 a paint job matching your X-Wing Racer decals? This contest is only limited by your imagination. The Petroglyph Art Team are ready to check out what kind of creative you've got!
Prizes up for grabs include cash, Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Cards, and a variety of other cool items. You can read the full rules of the contest and view an example at Petroglyph's contest webpage.