News Archives - July 2006
- HGExpo 2006
- Posted on 7/26/2006 at 9:47 PM by Crazed Ewok
- What has been unofficially known throughout most of the HeavenGames community is now officially underway. Serious development on HGExpo, formerly known as HGCon, has started.
For those of you that aren't aware what it is, HGExpo is a multi-Heaven event in which designers come together to showcase their work, representing their respective Heavens.
You can get more information here. Get active, get designing! I know I'll be contributing my part.
- Patch 1.05 Released!
- Posted on 7/22/2006 at 5:25 PM by Echuu
- LucasArts has just released patch 1.05 for EaW. Although the changes are smaller in number compared to the previous ones, it did some space battle balancing, mostly with the Imperials.
Download it from the LucasArts Mirror. Read all of the changes here.
- Another Forces of Corruption Preview at GameSpot
- Posted on 7/18/2006 at 11:50 AM by Echuu
- GameSpot now has another Forces of Corruption preview, which is basically a part 2 version of their last article. There weren't any huge surprises in this one, but the preview mainly focused on how they are planning to make the original content of EaW even better. At one point they talk about adding a little more depth and less restriction to land battles, which should be good news for many players.
"In Forces of Corruption we are significantly expanding land combat. This not only extends to letting you configure your base layout, but also includes many tactical elements that make combat more dynamic and less predictable. For example, the terrain itself will become even more important. Now you can battle on a planet where the vegetation can be a lethal foe or where you can actually summon a rancor to do your bidding. One such tactic I find enjoyable is placing a thermal detonator on an enemy vehicle and then waiting until the opportune time to detonate it."
You can read the entire article here! Be sure to stay tuned for more previews to this expansion.