News Archives - June 2006
- New Forces of Corruption Preview at GameSpot
- Posted on 6/24/2006 at 3:03 PM by Echuu
- GameSpot has given us a new preview for the upcoming Forces of Corruption expansion pack. The article goes into more detail explaining exactly how the new faction and the corruption concept is going to work.
The primary purpose of corruption is to generate cash, and it allows access to black-market technology. Essentially, it works like a mining facility, extorting a percentage of credits from planetary income generated during a galactic day. The Underworld requires large quantities of cash for pretty much everything, and corruption is the primary way for it to generate income.
Read the whole thing here!
- Petroglyph Announces Official Map Contest
- Posted on 6/17/2006 at 1:56 PM by AoErat
- The map editor has been out for some time now - long enough for the community to learn the ropes. Now it is time to put those skills to the test in Petroglyph's official map contest. You can enter either a space map or a land map, or both, but maps are due to be submitted by July 16th. Prizes are as follows:
1 st Prize Bundle = NVIDIA Video Card 7800GTX 512MB Board + Petroglyph T-Shirt + Map will be included in an EAW Nexus Mod (decided by Nexus Mod)
2 nd Prize Bundle = Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card + Petroglyph T-Shirt
3 rd Prize Bundle = Developers Signed Collector's Edition Empire at War + Petroglyph T-Shirt
*Top 10 Maps will be featured on the official Petroglyph website
Head over to the Petroglyph site and read the rules.
- Summer Fan Fiction Contest
- Posted on 6/16/2006 at 2:31 AM by Crazed Ewok
- Some of our younger users might just have gotten out of school, but we got you covered - we'll make sure that you remember all that English grammar and vocabulary!
Galactic Battlegrounds Heaven and the folks here at EaWH have just announced an exciting Fan Fiction contest. Based on the world of Star Wars which our two Heavens share in common, as well as the joint community of the Star Wars Universe forum, the contest will offer real, physical prizes for the most outstanding work of fiction in two categories.
The contest's requirements are simple; register on our forums, choose a category and sign up! You can find more information and sign up here.
The best of luck to all participants!
- New Units Section
- Posted on 6/4/2006 at 7:28 PM by AoErat
- We are proud to announce the opening of our new unit database! You'll find all the spacecraft, vehicles, and infantry available in the game listed, with full stats and information. Take a look at the page.
- Empire at War Fan Art Contest at Petroglyph
- Posted on 6/1/2006 at 4:08 PM by AoErat
- Petroglyph (developers of Empire at War) are holding a fan art contest. Here is what they have to say:
We're looking for talented artist who yearn to show off their fan art to the community. We will be giving out Petroglyph goodies to art that really captures aspects of Petroglyph or Star Wars Empire at War. Notable pieces will be selected and featured here on the Petroglyph website.
Check out their website for more information.